Hipot testing, in the electrical testing equipment category, is that method which requires high voltage electricity testing equipment to perform the task of verifying electrical insulation in various appliances, cables and wired assemblies etc. Hipot is the abbreviation for high potential and is the test which is conducted to determine whether the insulation level of any electrical or electronic component is sufficient to protect the operator from electrical shock. They are applicable for use in printed circuit breakers and boards, electric motor and transformer as well.
This write up throws some light on the various testing measures with reference to hipot testers. While working with any electrical test equipment, it is very crucial to review the techniques employed in determining the output from potentially dangerous and complicated equipment. Following are a few safety measure that one should keep in mind while working on hipot testers, which when ignored can result in grave hazards.
1. First of all, one should be aware that the high voltage and current generated by the Hipot Tester can result in harmful electrical shocks. To avoid this make sure that the work station is configured in a well equipped with a safe test environment.
2. Performing an electrical safety test at a workstation which is bedecked with an Electro Static Discharge is a must as it is structured to carry on the electricity to scatter an electrostatic charge. This step will ensure that the employees will be prevented from experiencing uncanny shock hazards.
3. Another important safeguard is that one should install a main power shut off switch in the test station as then it will be easy to control the crisis by just switching off one switch. Also its important that this main switch is located as well as prominently market at the entrance of the workstation so that its easy to be located during contingency.
4. While conducting the hipot test remember that the hipot test done on an energized circuitry or equipment can result in damage. This is done after the testing area is set up all the operators have been trained. Following the instructions is the only way via which a person can escape calamities.
5. Keep the untrained and unqualified persons at bay from the work site and not make any unauthorized modifications on the test equipment. Always remember to avoid touching the product or connections during a test and ensure that before the you touch the connection, the equipment has been properly been removed from any current source.
Learn from the mistakes and set guidelines angry a laundry single activity and is unable to multi-task? - When you are a single parent, you the concept can nevertheless parents should be fully concious of it. You can also find out which professional invested...
1 year ago